Yummy- lets get cooking with kids! We just love our friends at Companion Teaching Kitchen and are excited that they love to share their recipes with us! Please check out a key recipe for their October 1st Cooking with Kids Class focused on getting the whole family together for this fun and educational morning in their Teaching Kitchen. One of the professional Companion bakers will work with your family on creating a delicious and satisfying breakfast. Recipes to be made include:
- Monkey Bread
- Blueberry French Toast
- Candied Bacon
- Sweet Potato Hash
- Fruit Skewers with Yogurt and Granola
For more information you can register for the class via Companion’s website. A “taste” of what’s to come in class is listed below with the recipe for the baked french toast you will be whipping up!
Baked French Toast– makes 12 servings
FOR THE FRENCH TOAST:
- 1 loaf crusty sourdough or french bread
- 8 whole eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into pieces
- fresh fruit (optional)
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with butter. Tear bread into chunks (or cut into cubes) and evenly distribute in the pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla. Pour evenly over the bread. Cover tightly and store in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add butter pieces and cut them into the dry mixture until mixture resembles fine pebbles. Store in a in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove casserole from the fridge and sprinkle crumb mixture over the top. Bake for 45 minutes.
Don’t forget that this is #superseptember we are also running our “Taste of kidzxplor” promotion this month which includes 5 Classes/Activities at any of our awesome 58+ Partners for only $59! Enter code TASTE at checkout. Happy noshing!